Introduction and Purpose

This blog is created for Communication and Digital Technologies COMM140 class at the Australian Catholic University .


Hey I’m Danika! I’m currently studying a Bachelor of Education. 

I hope you are enjoying my blog so far! This blog will include my individual experiences from the lectures and tutorials that hopefully will relate to my future profession as a primary school educator. The purpose of the blog is to reflect the questions that have risen from the unit. I will be discussing these questions through blog posts.


COMM140 involves reflecting on the range of digital technology including websites, game design, apps, design process and imaging software. Looking into these technologies it will help with expanding future studies and profession.

Online games don't have to just be fun. I have learnt that education, motor development and skill growth can be incorporated with in online games. It can track and assist a child's learning skills and knowledge in so many areas. Whilst learning how to create an online game for this unit, I have been able to experience first hand how to involve platforms for growth and provide a fun in an online environment.

One of the most important things that I have learnt through this unit so far is to tweet or not to tweet. It has made me question how I use social media and digital technologies. Before posting I have learnt that it's more then just pressing send or enter. There are a lot of consequences that could occur due to simple words on a screen. It has also changed the way i look at other social media platforms, such as those made by higher authoritative figures. I will be discussing this further throughout the blogs.


Australian Catholic University’s Declaration of originality:

All the opinions on this blog are my own or sited otherwise. References will be located at the bottom of the post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Tweet or not to Tweet? - Blog 2

Is there more to online games than fun? - Blog 1

An Understanding of How Changes in Technology Impact on the Way Humans Communicate and the Ethical Issues That Surround These Changes - Blog 3